Standing Seam Roof Anchor: SSRA1
Please note: our prices are in Canadian dollars and include all shipping/brokerage costs.
Avoid the final price shock of ordering from the USA in US dollars, and then later finding out that your actual cost with exchange applied by your credit card issuer, shipping and brokerage costs totals to a higher cost than our listed prices!
The Standing Seam Roof Anchor 1 a.k.a. "SSRA1" is a revolutionary product allowing homeowners, building owners, and contractors to work safely on standing seam roofs without penetrating the panels. It has the ability to be installed temporarily or permanently. The SSRA1 is engineered to revolutionize fall protection anchor attachment on Standing Seam Roofs!
The patented, non-penetrating design of this device is unlike anything currently available. It consists of a solid 6061-T6 aluminum body with 12 stainless steel set screws. The standard assembly also includes a 5,000 lbs CSA certified d-ring for single man attachment. It arrives ready to use as a single seam, single user anchor.
Advantages of the SSRA1 Roof Anchor
The SSRA1 has several distinct advantages for homeowners, building owners, and contractors:
- Only 4.5 lbs! The world's lightest OSHA/ANSI 5,000 lbs certified anchor.
- Installs in minutes with basic hand tools.
- Can be used for temporary or permanent attachment.
- Patented, universal fit design works on over 500 Standing Seam Panel Profiles with no reassembly required!
- Fits t-seams, bulb seams, SnapLok, single lok, double lok, MR-24, etc. No other anchor fits as many profiles. List of compatible profiles can be found on the Panel Matrix Page.
- Clean, low profile attachment to the seam minimizes tripping hazards and is less obtrusive on permanent attachments.
- ANSI ASTM B-117 Salt spray tested with non-corrosive aluminum and stainless steel components.
- Can be powdercoated to color match roofs for permanent installations.
- Made in USA with a Lifetime Life Saving Warranty.
- OSHA/ANSI tested to 5,000 lbs in ALL directions of pull.
- Workers can access both sides of the roof without having to reposition the anchor.
This is the only certified component system for mounting just about anything to a standing seam roof. The interchangeable mount allows for attachment of devices from various fall protection manufacturers. Can be used for attachment of roof jacks, walk boards, SRLs, horizontal lifelines, ladder anchoring, and more.
- 6061-T6 Aluminum Body- patented universal fit design
- 5,000 lbs CSA certified D-Ring
- *12 stainless steel, Cupped Tip set screws with 3/16" hex/allen bit
- Owner's Manual
Usage and Installation
We recommend purchasing a micro-torque wrench with the proper size bit for proper installation.
Install temporarily or permanently.
For short term anchor attachment, we recommend using the optional Nylon Tipped Set Screws, for less chance of seam scratching.
This product is covered by a Lifetime Life Saving Warranty.
Anchor Strength and Durability Testing
The defining capability of the Standing Seam Roof Anchor is its ability to be used to attach various components to standing seam panels. The standard d-ring is easily removed and any number of fall protection devices can be attached. It is the only ANSI/OSHA 5,000lbs certified product that can be used as a stand alone fall protection anchor or by various manufacturers to attach any number of components to the standing seam roof systems.
Some products on the market today are not testing to the 5,000lbs level that the Standing Seam Roof Anchor was tested. Many anchors are only tested to 1,800lbs or 3,600lbs. Our anchor was subjected to a 3,600lbs pull without permanent deformation and a 5,000lbs pull without breakage. The maximum impact the human body should withstand during a fall is 900lbs with the use of shock absorbers and proper safety planning. Many anchors are only tested to hold at twice this limit at 1800lbs.
Panel Compatibility Guide
See our list of known panels SSRA is compatible with. If your panel is not on this list, check with the manufacturer. There are many panels not listed that SSRA is tested and approved for.